[WikiEN-l] Partial deletion

sannse sannse at delphiforums.com
Tue Jul 15 18:21:58 UTC 2003

Toby wrote:

> If the new user is worried about our own liability,
> then we shouldn't have to do anything for now.
> If the new user is worried that people will revert to their old material,
> then the talk page should be enough to discourage this.
> If the new user is demanding removal on behalf of the copyright holder,
> then they're not going about it properly per the DMCA --
> but I don't think that this is what's going on. ^_^

As I understand it, his concern was purely to do the right thing.  His use
of copyrighted material was a genuine mistake and he wanted to set it
right - nice to see :)

> Potentially, the article history in this case
> could be dealt with rather easily on the talk page.
> Say what anonymous ID created the text and when;
> say what user wikified it and when,
> and the entire relevant history has been described.
> But in general, it'd be better if a developer deleted the revisions.

Thanks for the advice.  It should have it's time on VfD, and then maybe one
of the developers will do the selective deletion for us.

Thanks again

sannse