[WikiEN-l] Re: There is also an english wikipedia available

Walter Vermeir walter at wikipedia.be
Mon Jul 14 23:05:30 UTC 2003

Anthere <anthere6 at yahoo.com> wrote in
news:20030714202149.67013.qmail at web41704.mail.yahoo.com:

> To quote Walter...
>
> Could editors on the various international wikipedia
> and english wikipedia (that is the correct
> denomination I guess)

That is not I find but if you use something different people will not
understand what you mean. I can live whit it.

> think of *offering* to the
> proper wikipedia, any relevant article that landed by
> mistake in a wrong language on their wikipedia ?
> such as http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgenic_plant
>
> written in italian on the en wikipedia
>
> whose content was first blanked, then proposed for
> deletion, and finally googled translated.

I find it normal that a article in the wrong language is deleted. But what
a Wikipedia does whit that type of "articles" is their business. No need to
involve the source-wikipedia.

> Perhaps the italian wikipedia might be interested by
> this article ?

Why should the?
Why should the Italian Wikipedia care for a article on the Engelish
Wikipedia that is a google-translated article from the Italian Wikipedia?

--
Contact: walter AT wikipedia.be
Ook een artikeltje schrijven? WikipediaNL, de vrije GNU/FDL encyclopedie