[WikiEN-l] Partial deletion

sannse sannse at delphiforums.com
Mon Jul 14 11:18:07 UTC 2003

Appologies if this comes to the list twice I used the wrong address last
time...

This is on VfD but I thought it worth mentioning here.

 The article for "pop punk"  ( http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_punk ) was
expanded last week by a new user.  He then realised that his work may have
copyright implications and asked for it to be deleted.  I reverted to the
stub that was there before he started work, but he asked for the versions in
the history to be deleted too.  Presumably a developer could selectively
delete the problem versions, or we could delete the whole thing and then
replace the original stub.  The problem with doing that is that the history
would be gone too.

How should we deal with selective deletions of this type?  Or am I worrying
too much about the article history?

Regards

sannse