[WikiEN-l] licenses

Karl Wick karlwick at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 12 18:21:32 UTC 2003

Could Wikipedia just decide to change all of its content
from one license to another ? Is it legally or otherwise
bound to continue with the GNU license ? Is there a danger
of later legal challenges of this ? From whom ? What if we
give anyone the option to go back thru and rescind any work
that they contributed if we changed to a Creative Commons
license ?

I ask this, because, just maybe, we could smoothly switch
into the Creative Commons share alike license or something
like it with less problems than we anticipate. Maybe its
against "the rules" but who makes them ? Couldn't we just
decide ourselves ?