[WikiEN-l] Crackpot articles

Chong Yidong cyd at stupidchicken.com
Fri Jul 11 22:00:32 UTC 2003

Hi there. I haven't posted to the list before, but I've been
editing under the callsign "CYD" for for quite a while now.

I'd like to point out a number of crackpot articles recently
contributed by the user Reddi:

[[Plasma cosmology]]
[[Dynamic theory of gravity]]
[[Rotating magnetic field]]

These articles are written in a very obtuse and confusing way,
which makes the specific claims impossible to pin down, let alone
correct. Furthermore, the references are chosen in a misleading
way to make the topics look like they are well-received. For
example, the article on "plasma cosmology" contains links to
various studies of plasmas, including the IEEE Transactions on
Plasma Science. These studies have however no relevance to the
purported topic, which is an "alternative cosmology to the Big
Bang theory."

In addition, there have been several equally incoherent edits to
articles such as [[Luminiferous aether]].

Any suggestions about what to do?

-- CYD