[WikiEN-l] World domination. Recieving online donations

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 9 19:59:02 UTC 2003

David [[User:Nohat]] wrote:
>Once this is set up I imagine we will want a
>"Donate now" or similar link on Wikipedia.
>I would just like to start the discussion by
>registering a vote against having such a
>link (or worse yet, an image) appear on
>every wiki page. Excessive come-ons are
>a total turn-off.

"Donate now" is a command so we wouldn't want to say
that. But a simple, text only, normal link titled say
"Donations" would be perfectly acceptable IMO. It
would link to a Wikimedia.org page dealing with
donations.

Having a simple link makes it easy for people who want
to donate to donate while not unnecessarily cluttering
the interface of everyone else and looking like we are
begging.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)