[WikiEN-l] World domination. Recieving online donations

webmaster webmaster at jumpingjackweb.com
Wed Jul 9 19:09:45 UTC 2003

I would like to make a vote for having a link on every page.  We already have links to Bug reports on every page.  A text link need not be intrusive.  There are multiple cases where we could loose out on a donation, by not having a link on every page.  For instance, it is my impression that a large number of our visitors visit via a google search.  So, they will probably not be visiting the main page, or a donation specific page.  So, in this case, we would benifit by having "donate now" link on every page..  It sort of confuses me as to why anyone would object to this?  These are not really come-ons.  We need money for operations costs, we have a non-profit org to recieve donations.  If we don't provide a donations link on at least most pages, then we may loose out on donations from people who just don't know they can donate.  Additionally, I think that any rational person could read a page, describing why we need donations, and not get upset and/or label it as an "Excessive come-on."  I mean, I don't think we are talking about a pop-up ad, are we?  If someone were to purpose a pop-up, or a big flashy ad, or anything besides a simple non-intrusive link, I would probably object too.  However, I think a text link would be perfectly acceptable.

--
Michael Becker
a.k.a. Mbecke