[WikiEN-l] GNU FDL infringement alert!

Oliver Pereira omp199 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jul 8 10:56:59 UTC 2003

Hello,

I've just discovered that a website called called "Malaspina Great Books"
has "adapted" hundreds of our biographical articles and included them in
their database. They claim copyright of this database ("This database is
maintained by Malaspina Great Books 1995-2003") and make no mention of
having released any of it under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation
License. Clearly they are infringing the terms of the licence. What should
we do about this?

The Malaspina website is at:

http://www.malaspina.com/

See also [[Talk:Galileo Galilei]], which is where I first noted the fact.

Oliver

| Oliver Pereira                            |
| Dept. of Electronics and Computer Science |
| University of Southampton                 |
| omp199 at ecs.soton.ac.uk                    |