[WikiEN-l] Page load problems

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Mon Jul 7 20:14:43 UTC 2003

webmaster wrote:

>Once again today, someone is complaining about page load time on the pump.  I am beginning to suspect that this is a bandwidth problem.  What has been done to investigate the reason behind this problem, and what were the results of said tests?  I haven't really heard a straight answer from anyone saying what the problem is, just speculation.

Perhap it's related to the news that Wikipedia is ca 1,400th in
traffic on the net?  I got mail out of the blue this weekend from
a prospective contributor who'd just noticed WP, and this morning
my wife was asking me to spell it so she could pass the url along
to someone she was talking to on the phone.  Maybe this is the
marketing tornado that Geoffrey Moore talks about (quick, to the
store for more servers! :-) )

Stan