[WikiEN-l] Let's follow Wikipedia rules for the Gaia articles

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Tue Jul 1 21:12:35 UTC 2003

Vicki Rosenzweig wrote in small part:

>You might do better discussing things if you addressed
>people by their actual names. The "royal we" is, in English,
>also considered appropriate for use by editors.

Is it?
I've seen it used by authors when writing /impersonally/
("We will now examine the second of Kant's major premises."),
but not when one editor is talking about another editor to the rest.

Nevertheless, I agree that Anthère would do well
to avoid antagonising RK any more than necessary.
However tempting it may be. ^_^

-- Toby