[WikiEN-l] Let's follow Wikipedia rules for the Gaia articles

Richard Grevers lists at dramatic.co.nz
Tue Jul 1 20:51:55 UTC 2003

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 08:44:02 -0700 (PDT), Anthere <anthere6 at yahoo.com> gave
utterance to the following:

> I don't think that this is a very helpful strategy.
> You and RK aren't the only persons working on these pages;
> it might be best if both of you stayed away for a while.
> Certainly edit wars, alone, are not useful,
> and there's a big difference between saying
> that you're unable to discuss things with your opponent
> and saying that you're no longer going to even try.
>
> You know, Ed Poor could be a big help here.
>

> I have been staying away from these articles on purpose for a full month.
> The gaia theory (biology) really need input. I can do that. I did nothing
> for a full month to avoid pb with RK. What did it changed ? Nothing. RK
> is going his way. And that is about it.
>
> Why should I wait and he not ? Why should I discuss alone and get empty
> replies ?
>
> Yes, please, you may call Ed to help on this. I will trust him for
> helping to reach a good decision

Anthere, I don't know what mail client you are using, but it seems to be
mis-configured. Your reply to Toby shows his text as though you wrote it
rather than as quoted. This happens in both the text and html components of
your multipart message. Since all your other replies in this thread have
been in text/plain, the behaviour might have been triggered by the unkown
encoding in Toby's message. Many mail clients have a setting to choose
between replying in the original content type or always in text/plain. THe
latter is usually preferable and less problematic on lists. In any case, in
a contentious discussion such as this where there is a lot of "I didn't say
that" going on, correct quote attribution and display is essential. Please
take care everyone.

--
Richard Grevers