[WikiEN-l] Re: Gaia edit wars

Anthere anthere6 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 17:26:38 UTC 2003

--- Jimmy Wales <jwales at bomis.com> wrote:
> Good advice here.  Both are good people.  Can we let
> this chill
> awhile until everyone's in a better mood about it?
>
> Julie Kemp wrote:
>
> > Um . FWIW, here's my suggestion.  RK and Anthere
> both leave the topic
> > alone for a period of 2 months.  Just leave it.
> In the 'Pedia and on
> > this list.  Get on with something useful.  Neither
> is a troll, and
> > neither is displaying the kind of behavior that
> has heretofore ended in
> > a ban.  In fact, both are longtime contributors
> who have helped produce
> > really good articles (notwithstanding the fact
> that I seem to remember a
> > few other nasty edit wars involving one of them,
> complete with unfounded
> > accusations of vandalism).
> >
> > Anyway, just leave the bloody topics alone.  Let
> other people look at
> > them for a while.  Maybe let people less
> personally involved use their
> > judgement.  Either that, or start buying us all
> mass quantities of
> > antacid.
> >
> > J.

I was ready to say that was ok with me.

Then, I looked at Wikipedia. And saw that this
afternoon, RK made all he has decided unilaterally to
do.

Hence, do I accept to not edit this article during two
months while *he* does ? Otherwise, that would really
admit I am just a nothing, and as such I would go
away.

I hope you will understand that my answer to this very
acceptable solution is

no

However, *I* will make an effort. I will agree to a
common article.

In exchange, I will reinsert everything that RK
deleted this afternoon in his move. And, it will stay
there.

I make an effort, it is RK turn to make one.

If you decide to force us not to edit the page (ie, by
protecting it, I will of course not edit it), I ask
that the page be kept in a state that is decent toward
my own personal acceptance that the page is reunited
against my belief for it to be the best option.

That means, not censored by RK

Please.

Now, notice; I read the first paragraph of RK new page

And the first paragraph is false. That is a good
start. It states the first person who hold the idea
that all organisms on a planet regulate the biosphere
to the benefit of the whole, was Lovelock.

This is just false. It will take hours to correct his
changes. I am plain disgusted.

Chill really !