[WikiEN-l] 142.177.xxx.xxx (aka 24) is at it again

Geoff Burling llywrch at agora.rdrop.com
Tue Jan 28 06:05:50 UTC 2003

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Jonathan Walther wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 02:38:39PM -0800, Daniel Mayer wrote:
> >>Murder of vast numbers of people who believe as you
> >>do becomes justified, when you use control of a
> >>technology that they don't have, to censor their
> >>views on what you are doing, and make it impossible
> >>for them to stop you any other way.
> >
> >I may have been wrong in banning the IP from en.wiki
> >but I don't appreciate thinly veiled threats on my
> >life.
>
> That wasn't a thinly veiled threat on your life.  That was a wakeup
> call.  Try being nice, and let other people have their day in the sun
> too.  By the way, what did he mean by "people who believe as you do"?

Well, I'm glad you knew what this guy was talking about. I've not only
read the passage excerpted, but the original post, & I'm still not clear
what the writer's point was. (And if someone walks past me muttering
"kill", "pain", "get what you deserve", my first instinct is to suspect
that the person speaking may be making a threat against me -- when a
moment of logical reflection will prove that I'm merely hearing part
of a monologue of an individual stating what he fears may happen to HIM.

> Are you a Republican?

Although that was not directed at me, I have to chime in: Not in the
slightest, but some of my favorite relatives are.

Geoff