[WikiEN-l] Anonymous quote in article

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Fri Jan 24 12:32:59 UTC 2003

Erik Moeller wrote:
> That's what I tried to do, but since we were arguing back and forth with
> no clear result and Arno did not even participate in the discussion, the
> mailing list seemed to be like the next most reasonable choice. That's
> what wikien-l is for -- resolving conflicts on the English Wikipedia by
> getting other people's opinions.

I'm not going to enforce this, obviously, but my preference is that
we don't bring conflicts to the mailing list as quickly as this one
was brought.  The majority of discussions about what should be in an
article should take place on the Talk: page for the article.

Things should only be 'elevated' to the mailing list when there's
either an unresolved policy mystery that needs meta-analysis, or if
someone is being a royal pain in the neck, or similar.

And in both the talk pages and on the mailing list, we should always
operate under the most charitable reasonable assumption about the
motives of others.

--Jimbo