[WikiEN-l] Anonymous quote in article

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Thu Jan 23 21:21:00 UTC 2003

Oliver wrote:

> In general, I think that discussing all sides of a debate on a Talk page,
> and attempting to come up with a compromise, is precisely how to *avoid*
> edit wars. Just my point of view, of course. :)

That's what I tried to do, but since we were arguing back and forth with
no clear result and Arno did not even participate in the discussion, the
mailing list seemed to be like the next most reasonable choice. That's
what wikien-l is for -- resolving conflicts on the English Wikipedia by
getting other people's opinions.

> P.S. - I have now added a note to the [[Talk:Madeline Amy Sweeney]] page
> saying that I support your decision to remove the quote from the article.

Thanks.

Regards,

Erik