[WikiEN-l] Anonymous quote in article

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Thu Jan 23 16:36:04 UTC 2003

> On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Jimmy Wales wrote:
>
> > This seems better suited to a /Talk page?
>
> I agree. But since Erik Moeller has made misleading claims about me on
> this mailing list, could I please be allowed to correct them? Most people
> here won't bother to look at the Talk page in question, and I don't want
> them thinking that I am responsible for an edit war.

Oliver,

it is correct that you did not insert the quote in the actual article,
although it was my understanding that you intended to do so if there were no
objections against your latest proposal (otherwise, why did you make it?). My
problem here is that you and Tom are sending mixed messages to new contributors
that do not at all help them to understand our established policy of adding
only verifiable, relevant facts to articles. In that way, you are also
responsible if Arno now (possibly repeatedly) violates that policy and others have to
fix it.

It would help a lot if you could put a clear and non-ambiguous note on the
Talk page stating that you do not want the quote to be part of the article,
and that Arno should abstain from adding it.  That's all I'm asking for.

Regards,

Erik