[WikiEN-l] Am I wasting my time?

Zoe zoecomnena at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 7 00:31:03 UTC 2003

Fwappler's own home page is unintelligible.  I don't understand what he's trying to do with all the curly brackets, pipes and square brackets.
Zoe
 tarquin <tarquin at planetunreal.com> wrote:Despite my reputation as a crabby old grouch (and me still in my 20s ...
), I do try and be nice to new users.
But with Fwappler I've got to that hair-tearing point.
Take a look at these pages:

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3APluralis_Majestatis
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk%3AFwappler

This person seems to completely misunderstand ANY attempt an explaining.
Axel has already picked out two of their contributions as possibly
crank-science.
Am I wasting my time?

I mean, what ON EARTH do they mean by this exchange:

Me:
> I removed "[[Phil Hartman|Bill McNeal]]" because it was a hidden link
I dind't understand. The reader sees one name but is taken to another.

Fwappler:

I understand now that if the reader "looks up" one name but is taken
to another, then the distinction for instance between "[[Phil
Hartman:acting as|Bill McNeal]]" and "[[time:portrayed
by|duration]]" appears almost irretrievably concealed. Surely We
wouldn't want /that/ -- thanks for the lesson.

gah???