[WikiEN-l] Suicide note: appropriate response

Jesse Alter jesse at snacksoft.com
Mon Feb 17 00:07:36 UTC 2003

Sure, there was a delay before an action was made, but I think that the
action was fairly swift. The extreme opposite is the case of [[Brandon
Vedas]] whose suicide was encouraged. I agree with what has already been
said: that the IP addresses of posters should be available to sysops,
and that if someone's life ever appears to be in danger, an effort
should be taken to contact the police as near to the endangered as
possible, as soon as possible.

Consider this a success. Someone's life was in danger, and action was
taken quickly enough that they could receive local attention to protect
their life.