[WikiEN-l] Re: A suicide note on the Wikipedia?????

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 15 01:09:23 UTC 2003

On Friday 14 February 2003 04:00 am, Jimmy Wales wrote:
> I forwarded this information to the administrators there.  If it's
> real, perhaps they can help.  If it's a prank, hopefully they can deal
> with that, too.

Yes it was the real thing and after I asked if anybody had contacted the local
police Stevertigo then called the Cheshire PD about it.

In the future we should act on this even faster than we did (it was nearly 3
hours before the cops were called). It is up the cops, not us, to determine
whether or not stuff like this is a prank and take the appropriate action
(even if it is just to give a warning to a prankster).