[WikiEN-l] banned user Vera Cruz is making edits again - action required (resent with proper wordwrap)

Tony Wilson list at redhill.net.au
Sat Feb 1 23:30:38 UTC 2003

Sorry about that - those long lines are difficult for many people to
read, so here is my message again in more presentable form.

The twice-banned troublemaker Vera Cruz is making edits again. Would
someone with the appropriate skills and permissions ind explaining how
this is possible, and what action can be taken about it please?

We all know that it's possible for a banned user to use a different IP
to make edits anyway (by visiting an Internet cafe, for example), but
the inconvenience is obviously going to slow them down a bit. Pending
any possible further technical action to enforce the ban - and enforce
it we must, else there is no point whatever in having a ban in the
first place - I suggest that all list members revert any new edits made
by the banned member *regardless of content*.

The only alternative is to admit that we lack the power to enforce any
policy, and that does not bear thinking about.