[WikiEN-l] partisan wrangling on wikipedia

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Sat Feb 1 06:14:24 UTC 2003

>Sometimes people just want to be told what to do
>even while they're voicing support for some kind of democracy.  They
>become so afraid to offend that they no longer trust their.  They're
>perfect soldiers -- perfect cannon fodder.  When they defend an opinion
>it's with the ardour of a my-country-right-or-wrong patriot.

Unfortunately, I chose a poor example.  A better example would be a
scientific experiment which shows person A going about his business
typing up notes, not bothering anybody, but wired to receive electric
shocks, and person B comes along and picks up the buzzer and keeps at
it until person A socks him in the jaw or runs from the room.
Certainly Jimbo has not encouraged anyone to shock anyone else; though
the sadists have found the site anyway.

kq

wikikarma: going away for 16 days; I hope it's enough.