[WikiEN-l] Re: [Wikipedia-l] Virus Warning! (Was: HomePage)

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Fri Dec 12 07:29:22 UTC 2003

On Dec 11, 2003, at 22:31, Toby Bartels wrote:
> According to my school's mailing system,
> there was a virus attached to this message.
> So don't open the attachment!

Judging from the logs, the message was held for moderation (since it
does _not_ come from a subscribed address). Someone presumably let it
through thinking it was a genuine message from Anthere.

(Note that the real Anthere uses a Mac and is unlikely to be sending
Windows viruses around, particularly not with a different address and
through an ISP in the United Kingdom.)

I'll see about installing a virus scrubber. Sigh... I've removed the
attachment from the list archives, but what's mailed out is mailed out.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)