[WikiEN-l] Re: WikiEN-l Penis

Anthere anthere6 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 31 21:53:40 UTC 2003

Message: 10
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 14:13:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: Rick <giantsrick13 at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Re: WikiEN-l Penis
To: Discussion list for English-language Wikipedia
	<wikien-l at Wikipedia.org>

>I'm going to try very hard not to take that as an
>attack, but it's very hard to do.

Hu ? Sorry you didnot understand me. I must confess I
can't understand either what you wrote below :-(((

>In other words, unless you're some wizard, it's
>impossible to undelete.

What do you mean it is impossible to undelete ?

I am a wizard myself quite often (though from time to
time, I just can't succeed to have the magic work,
hence the "good luck").

Anything a sysop can do, a sysop can undo.

If you block an ip, another sysop can unblock it
If you protect a page, another sysop can unprotect it
If you delete a page, another sysop can undelete it
Er...an exception, if you delete an image, then that
is lost forever. This is bad.

A couple of people are HIGH wizards, such as Brion.

But we are just regular wizard

So, if you make a mistake and delete a page, you have
the ability to restore it. You may go to the special
page, list the deleted pages and find it (I still do
that sometimes on the fr wiki).

Or you may use the magic undelete link that is listed
in the page I provided you. You use the link, you
replace the end of it by "penis", you enter

And sometimes, it works :-)

>Hack a bookmark?  Use Mozilla?

I am no computer wizard
I know no such things

>Therefore the majority of sysops are unable to
>undelete, and therefore
>should not be allowed to delete.
>Is that what you're saying?

No. When were you made sysop ?
All sysops are able to undelete
Perhaps a sysop should be fully aware of his powers
before using them.
Perhaps some stuff needs to be better explained to new
sysops.

>RickK

Sorry you misunderstood. Did you try to undelete
yourself ? Why not creating a junk article and then
deleting it, and restoring it ?

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 31 14:02:43 UTC 2003

I did the delete. I thought the original page's
history stayed with the original name. Sorry. I
don't know how to do an undelete or I'd do it. But
then, how do you rename it so that it keeps the
history? And it was Michael who did the move to begin
with. He's decided to visit us again today.

RickK

Perhaps it would be better than anyone practicing
deletion, knew how to practice undeletion as well :-)
check here and good luck

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia%3AVotes_for_undeletion