[WikiEN-l] Re: Michael again *sigh*

Anthere anthere6 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 31 20:48:13 UTC 2003

Message: 5
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 01:08:17 +1000
From: "Tim Starling" <ts4294967296 at hotmail.com>
Subject: [WikiEN-l] Re: Michael again *sigh*
To: wikien-l at wikipedia.org

I've just made a change to the software which allows
sysops to ban
logged-in
users. See my post in wikitech-l for the technical
details. It is
currently
in CVS. Once it's live, it should be a great help for
dealing with
Michael.

-- Tim Starling.

Apart from the specific issue of Michael, what are the
rules to follow in terms of banning of a loggued in
user on the en wiki ?
Is it still supposed to be "sanctified" (I can't find
the exact proper word), or may sysop ban loggued-in
user just as they can ban ips ?

I suppose it was discussed somewhere, but I dunno
exactly

Will this be working on any wikipedia as well ?