[WikiEN-l] Dealing with AOL over vandalism

james duffy jtdirl at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 30 23:54:06 UTC 2003

>Jimbo wrote
>I would definitely say that starting gently with AOL is a good idea.

An even better idea is starting, gently or otherwise! :-) I think Michael's
latest game, adding users' names to the [[recent deaths]] page shows we have
to do /something/ asap. And we have to let AOL know that we are serious with
them. We will work with them if they are willing to do something. But if
they aren't willing, we aren't willing to let the issue drop. So they can
work with us, in a full spirit of co-operation to solve the problem. Or they
can face a response from us of a sort that would not be in their best
interests. They choose which route they want.

JT