[WikiEN-l] message to Kurt Kawohl

Andre Engels engels at uni-koblenz.de
Thu Aug 28 09:31:24 UTC 2003

Here is an answer I sent to Kurt Kawohl on a request to oppose the deletion
of his material:

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Kkawohl wrote:

> Please voice your opinion on deletion.
>
> 21st Century Transcendentalism is not a religion and does not advocate
> (request belief, membership or anything else) anything; it stands for
> religious rationality in the 21st Century. If Wikipedia can describe what
> atheists, Christianity, Islam, Bokononism thinks then why can not I as a
> 21st Century Transcendentalist describe what I think? Bias, maybe?

The reason is exactly that this is about what _you_ think. When we describe
atheism, Christianity, Islam, we describe the common belief system of a
large group of people, a belief system that makes an important impact on
society as a whole. On the other hand, 21st Century Transcendentalism is
just your ideas. If you get a reasonably large following for it, or if it
otherwise becomes influential, then I would be in favor of addition. But
I see no evidence whatsoever for it now.

Andre Engels