[WikiEN-l] A course of action

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 03:33:40 UTC 2003

So in other words, it all falls on Robert to make all of the first moves?  Why can't you and the Troll just drop it and let it die instead of continuing to aggravate things?

RickK

martin at myreddice.freeserve.co.uk wrote:
> What course of action is left?

Here's my suggestion:
1. Robert accepts that it is wrong to insult people on Wikipedia, apologises, and
agrees not to do so in the future.
2. Those who Robert has insulted accept his apology, forgive him, and agree not to
bring up the subject in the future.
3. Robert accepts that it is wrong to ask for bona fide Wikipedians to be banned,
apologises, and stops doing so.
4. Those who Robert has asked to be banned accept his apology, forgive him, and
agree not to bring up the subject in the future.
5. Robert accepts that it is wrong to accuse bona fide Wikipedians of being vandals,
apologises, and stops doing so.
6. Those who Robert has accused of being vandals accept his apology, forgive him,
and agree not to bring up the subject in the future.
7. Those who created all the junk on this topic accept that it was wrong to create so
much junk, apologise for doing so, and agree not to do so in the future.
8. Those who were affected by all the junk on the subject accept the collective
apology, forgive those who created it, and agree not to bring up the subject in the
future.
9. All the junk on this topic, scattered over various talk pages, user talk pages, ban
pages, mailing lists, etc, is all sent to the big recycle bin in the sky.
10. Time passes.
11. People start to forgive.
12. People start to forget.

This 12 step procedure will make everyone happy, I believe. However, I welcome
alternative suggestions, or improvements. If you want to edit it, it'll be at
[[Wikipedia:Community case RK]], replacing the big pile of junk previously located
there.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to sort out step zero: filling in my tax return... ;-)

Love,
-Martin "MyRedDice" Harper