[WikiEN-l] On deletion notices

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 25 00:09:04 UTC 2003

Erik Moeller wrote:
>That's OK, as long as someone explains it to him
>when he complains. If he hadn't used the worst
>possible way to do so (through the BTS), that would
>have happened.

If he had known the page was listed on the VfD page in the first place, then
he would not have had to post anything on the bug reports page. The notice is
real easy - you don't even need to copy a boilerplate;

Listed on [[votes for deletion]]

How hard is that? The name of the link itself indicates the purpose of the
page and that there is a chance to challenge the listing. As an added bonus,
you can even use the resulting link as a very easy way to get to the VfD page
in order to list the page. That is what I do.

>Moral: Remind me to replace "Bug reports" with
>"Contact us" when I'm not in a state of prolonged
>sleep deprivation.

Come on, its not that hard. I've already done this for Wikibooks.

Here is a link;

http://textbook.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikibooks:Contact_us

You can use that as a basis to create something better for Wikipedia or just
leave the job of improvement to somebody else.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)