[WikiEN-l] threats and abuse from IP user

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Sat Aug 23 08:12:56 UTC 2003

james duffy wrote:

>I have blocked him again. The blocks are on 68.120.204.62, 68.120.205.147
>and 68.120.205.218. Any suggestions about deal with this bigot?

I am ***extremely*** disturbed by this situation.

Judging from your post, [[Talk:Israel]], and the IP contributions,
this user has never done any vandalism on Wikipedia,
yet the explanation for the blocking of the IP was "vandalism".
In fact, the (original) IP was blocked for taking place in an edit war.
Furthermore, you apparently protected the page to win an edit war
that you were taking place in.

Perhaps there were further posts containing vandalism
which were deleted, and which you forgot to mention in your post.
If not, then I don't see why I shouldn't unblock 68.120.204.62.

The later blockings of 68.120.205.147 and 68.120.205.218
are problematic in light of the high probability
that the insults which led to them were sparked by the above.
But they're not the "extremely disturbing" bit.

-- Toby