[WikiEN-l] Votes for deletion and due process

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 18 23:04:42 UTC 2003

LDan wrote:
>What if the person doesn't check the page?
>Why not just contact the author instead of a
>boilerplate thing on the article, which, IMO, is
>just as bad a defacement.

What? If the page is listable on VfD then at least somebody thinks it has
serious issues. Therefore a notice that the page is being considered for
deletion is valuable information for the reader of the page.

>Deleting a page really isn't as bad as
>sending someone to prison.

Where oh where did I mention prison?

>And no one's arguing that we should
>make any deletion records private.

? And where did I say that they were? I specifically mentioned that VfD is a
publicly viewable page and compared it with publically viewable court
documents.

-- mav