[WikiEN-l] Votes for deletion

J. Noel Chiappa jnc at lcs.mit.edu
Mon Aug 18 16:20:11 UTC 2003

     Erik wrote:

     > I choose not to follow this policy as I consider it unnecessary extra
     > work, but I don't mind if others add the boilerplate notice.

Umm, everyone, this is a computer we're dealing with here. It's good at
repetitive, mindless tasks. (And, yes, I know some poor overworked soul is
going to have to write the code... :-)

Why not add a button that i) adds said notice to the top of the page, and ii)
adds the page to the bottom of VfD? You could go through an intermediate
screen that offers a little edit window for you to add whatever message to
the listing, if any, you feel is appropriate, and has Confirm/Cancel buttons.
That'll make everybody's life even easier than it is now, even.

This doesn't address the policy questions, but we should be able to dispose
of the practical ones.

         Noel