[WikiEN-l] Votes for deletion

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 18 01:30:47 UTC 2003

Richard Grevers wrote:
>"But the plans have be available at the
>regional works office at Alpha Centauri

Exactly! So you Earthlings have no reason to complain that we destroyed your
world to build a hyperspace bypass!

>From The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy:

[Commander of the Vogon Constructor Fleet]:
"There's no point in acting  all surprised about it
All  the planning  charts  and  demolition orders
have been on display in your local planning
department on Alpha  Centauri for fifty of your
Earth  years,  so  you've  had  plenty of time to
lodge any formal complaint and it's far too late to
start  making a fuss about it now."

"What do you mean  you've  never  been  to  Alpha
Centauri?  For heaven's  sake mankind, it's only four
light years away you know. I'm sorry, but if you can't
be bothered to take an interest in local affairs that's
your own lookout."

"Energize the demolition beams!"

Replace "Alpha Centauri" with "Wikipedia:Votes for deletion" and "demolition
beams" with "deletion." The last thing we need is for our Admins to be
perceived as Vogons who are "not actually evil, but bad tempered,
bureaucratic, officious and callous."

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)