[WikiEN-l] Votes for deletion

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 17 21:43:29 UTC 2003

Erik wrote:
> I choose not to follow this policy as I consider it
> unnecessary extra work, but I don't mind if others
> add the boilerplate notice. (We already bend over
> backwards to inform newbies whenever they make
> a mistake.) Just don't remove pages I add to VfD
> or reset the timer because of the missing boilerplate.

What? So you are saying that we can list items on VfD and /not/ make an
attempt to inform the author and readers of the page that it is being
considered for deletion? How are they supposed to know? I've already received
several complaints from newbies who had their pages nuked without notice.

Unnecessary extra work? This type of a lack of due process is very, very
unwiki.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)