[WikiEN-l] Votes for deletion

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Sun Aug 17 19:33:10 UTC 2003

Oliver-
> On 17 Aug 2003, Erik Moeller wrote:

>> I choose not to follow this policy as I consider it unnecessary extra
>> work,

> Hmm. Are you by any chance a supporter of [[Wikipedia:Ignore all rules]]?

To some extent, yes.

> I was under the impression that a prerequisite of having sysop status was
> agreeing to follow the policies.

I use the word policy very liberally above. Truthfully, there are
relatively few policies which are set in stone (NPOV, Wikiquette etc.),
and the boilerplate recommendation is certainly not among them.

> Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Still,
> even if it isn't, I don't think it sets a good example to say that you are
> going to ignore a policy. Perhaps it would be better if you were to argue
> for it to be made explicitly optional?

I don't care enough about this policy to argue about it. I have, however,
edited VfD to say that a missing boilerplate notice is not grounds for
removal of a page from the VfD listing.

Regards,

Erik