[WikiEN-l] Re: Watchlist

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Sun Aug 10 03:54:44 UTC 2003

Tarquin wrote:

>sannse wrote:

>>When I was pruning my watchlist I came across several pages that no longer
>>existed.  Could these be removed from the watchlist automatically?  Or do
>>they make no difference anyway?

Please no!

>>It would also be useful if there were some sort of notification that a page
>>on watch had been deleted.

Yes, I'd like this too.

>I found many redirects.
>A "purge all redirects from my watchlist" comment might be useful.

And a "purge all nonexistent pages" would be fine too.

I deliberately have both nonexistent pages and redirects on my watchlist.
Maybe I'll find that I must purge these to make it short enough --
then such purging commands would be useful.
But please don't purge them automatically.

-- Toby