[WikiEN-l] Watchlist

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Aug 9 06:28:11 UTC 2003

Erik Moeller wrote:

>Alas, some of these wretched souls have ended up with rather large
>watchlists due to my "Watch articles by default" feature, so the 1 hour
>cutoff on large watchlists threatens their salvation.

I often wondered about the wisdom of that feature.  I had it on when it
was first introduced, and found that I was accumulating a list of
articles in which I had made only minor spelling corrections.  If a
person really wants to watch an article they should need to make the
positive effort of activating it.

I d like the feature that shows how many articles are on the list.  My
list currently has a humble 116 articles, but I do make a point of
weeding out articles that I no longer want to watch.

Ec