[WikiEN-l] Watchlist

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Sat Aug 9 02:54:49 UTC 2003

james duffy wrote:

>> I've set the default cutoff to one hour
>

> That is driving me MAD!!! WHY???

Because it's MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH faster than a longer cutoff, and
it's fairly convenient to click now and again during the course of a day.

> The only reason I use my watchlist is when I log on after being off
> for 10 of 15 hours to see what pages I am interested in have been
> worked on in my absence by others. Instead I end up being told what
> was worked on in the last hour, which I can see from the blooming
> Recent Changes anyway! I end up having to do a second watchlist search
> having reset the perameters. An hour-long search is worse than useless.

Oh, well in that case I should just yank the watchlist feature entirely? ;)

If it bugs you that much, bookmark a more convenient time and click your
bookmark when you need it. Most browsers will even let you put such a
bookmark in a big convenient toolbar.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)