[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia Shepherds

Daniel Ehrenberg littledanehren at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 8 17:29:46 UTC 2003

--- Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Toby Bartels wrote:
> >For those worried that "firefighter" tends to imply
> >that a wave of newbies is a problem (a raging
> fire),
> >just remember that it was originally the Wikipedia
> >"militia".
>
> The fires created are not the newbies themselves,
> but the damage a small part
> of them do (either intentional or not). "Guide" is
> still too paternal for my
> taste. In my part of the world at least,
> firefighters play the role of
> general emergency personell (providing extraction
> and medical assistance at
> car crashes and such) and only on relatively rare
> occasions fight actual
> fires. IMO that makes them a very positive symbol.
>
> -- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)

I like "phagocyte" the best. They don't do most of the
function in your body, but they're still essential,
otherwise you will be diseased with viruses (trolls
and  vandal attacks other bad stuff that we have to
fix). If we dont eat (or tell about how wikipedia is
supposed to work and stop vandalising it) all of the
viruses, they will kill wikipedia by killing all of
our cells (ruining all of our articles) and doing
other bad stuff. Firefighter sounds too honorable, but
being a white blood cell isn't so honerable, just
nessesary.
LDan