[WikiEN-l] I give up

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 8 02:17:09 UTC 2003

I tried putting this on the Village pump, but that's impossible to edit right now -- far too large and it takes too long to save, and edit conflicts are de rigeur.  I tried putting it on the Talk:Main Page, but just as I was saving, Wikipedia crashed.  So, here, maybe somebody can figure out what is going wrong and what can be done about it.

I need help with Searching.  I tried to split up [[Where in the World/Time is Carmen Sandiego?]] into [[Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?]] and [[Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego?]], but when I tried to  move the page to [[Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?]], I was told that there is already a page with that name.  I then tried to use BOTH "Go" and "Search" to look for the page with the question mark, without the question mark, and just looking for Carmen Sandiego, and got nothing even close to what I was looking for.  In fact, "Search" returned '''''EVERY SINGLE ARTICLE''''' that had a string of "in" in it, regardless of whether it was a separate word or not.  It's impossible to find the page in order to see what its contents are to know what to do with [[Where in the World/Time is Carmen Sandiego?]]

As it now stands, if we have both  [[Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?]] and [[Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego?]] (I don't know about the last one), we definitely don't need  [[Where in the World/Time is Carmen Sandiego?]], but which one should it redirect to?

RickK