[WikiEN-l] Watchlist

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 22:52:47 UTC 2003

K Forstner wrote:
>Did the announcement that the page would be disabled
>escape my notice? What is going to be disabled next?
>Wikipedia?

What the hell! My Watchlist has been the main thing
between me and wiki-insanity ever since it became
impractical (and later /impossible/) to review an
entire day's edits. As far as I'm concerned disabling
editing altogether would almost be a better option if
it weren't for the "Related Changes" feature (at least
I can tract changes to pages I have listed on my user
page).

Hey waitaminute - why not place the watchpage list on
a regular wiki page so that Related Changes can do
it's magic on it? As a matter of fact why can't that
/replace/ the slow watchlist code completely? IIRC,
the "Related Changes" and "Recent Changes" code is the
same.

-- A very annoyed (but understanding) mav (with 2,000
watched pages - I thought I had way more than that...)