[WikiEN-l] I really do wish I could talk to Jtdirl

james duffy jtdirl at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 6 06:52:00 UTC 2003

>At 06:08 PM 8/5/2003, you wrote:
>>On a separate topic:  I am uncomfortable with the way that
>>Jtdirl and others slander me as a racist. For example,
>>Jtdirl again stated that Zionists are racists. He does this
>>knowing that I a Zionist, therefore the clear implication
>>is that I am racist bigot whose words should be ignored.
>>
>>Such angry and false speech about Zionists (which includes
>>tens of millions of Jews and Christians) is not appropriate
>>here. Would we accept it if people said that Irish
>>nationalism is racist? That feminism is FemiNazism? That
>>black progressivism is really white-hating communism? I
>>doubt that most Wikipedias would stand for this.  But when
>>people here make these generalized and incorrect statements
>>about Zionists, no one says a word.
>>
>>You and I don't speak this way about people of other
>>groups; I propose that this standard should be true for all
>>of us here. I hope that I am not perceived as being
>>unreasonable.
>>

>>Robert (RK)
>
>Dante Alighieri replied:

>I would imagine that it doesn't help your cause when you falsely attribute
>comments to the improper party. jtdirl didn't say that Zionists were
>racists, PL did. jtdirl mentioned it as an example of why PL should be
>banned. Not that I expect logic and facts to get in the way of your agenda,
>but I figured I at least ought to point out one of the most egregious of
>your mischaracterizations.

Thank you, Dante, for pointing out that. Trust RK to yet again read into
something not about him a personalised attack on himself. In all the time I
have been on wiki I have read many (endless, oh god, endless!) epistles from
RK talking about all the horrendous personalised attacks on himself. And
then I'd go looking for one of these attacks to read to see how could anyone
say anything so horrid to him and find some totally innocent or mildly
critical comment which RK had built up into one of the biggest attacks ever
issued on wikipedia, an assault on every fiber of his being.  Even more
comically he now actually imagines that I am so preoccupied with him that I
either care that he is a zionist or even remember that he is one. Even
though I have heard it probably 4.8 million times from him since I first had
the 'pleasure' of encountering his editing syle I actually forgotten that he
is a zionist, so even if some miracle, I was bothered enough to want to
'offend' him, it would have been difficult to deliberately do so using a
fact I am forgotten. (I wonder if I try enough can I blank out not just RK's
zionism but RK from my consciousness?)

The curious thing is, it is not the first time he has accused me of
deliberately insulting him by calling him a Zionist and I've read him make
the same accusation of others. Does he recycle his allegations  or
something? Or is there this vast conspiracy of people on wiki, all hovering
around waiting to make anti-zionist comments when he is logged on to wiki,
millions of wiki users secretly watching a hidden camera to wait for the
moment when RK decides to log on to wiki, then all the world's (well the
wiki's anyway) anti-zionists, anti-semites, anti-RKians, all rush to add in
special insults, just for RK, about RK.

For the record, RK

1. I do not spend everyone working hour thinking about you, nor for that
matter do most people on wikl. You have told us ad nausaum that you are a
Zionist but frankly we really couldn't be bothered to remember.

2. From what I could see, most of the offensive comments you have complained
about on wiki are your own imaginings. /You/ attach frequently bizarre
meanings to them, take offence at your bizarre attached meanings,  and then
attack others for lauching attacks on you that are in fact your own
fantasies, as in interpreting my reference to an anti-semite vandal's
comments, which were intended to point out why this user should be banned,
as an attack on you.

BTW just so we are clear, RK, that last paragraph did not (a) call you a
vandal, (b) call you an antisemite, (c) did not call for you to be banned,
(d) did not mention ''Zionism'' (which I had forgotten again for a moment.
That you for reminding me about a fact that is of no interest to me, least I
use the forgotten topic of no interest to me to deliberately attack a user I
really don't think much about using something I have forgotten anyway!)

Finally, an example of how RK's rampant paranoia is catching. In a first
draft of the first paragraph, I accused RK in his paranoia, of to use a
theatrical saying, 'hamming it up'. But then it dawned on me that he might
(no, in RK's case, would) think I was attacking his Jewish identity by
referring to religious dietary rules. So though using a threatrical phrase
not thinking of food or religion (just a film earlier last night about an
actor accused of hamming his performance), /I/ found myself not thinking
about the nature of what I had written, but instead about the paranoid
interpretation that RK, as usual, would construct around it and so how to
avoid triggering offence, however accidentially, to RK who seems to have an
almost masochistic desire to take offence. (BTW RK, please don't interpret
the word 'masochistic' as meaning that I am in any way commenting on any
sexual matter, I am not accusing you of any kinky activities, much less
thinking of you engaging in any kinky activities of a zionist or non-zionist
kind. Is that now clear, RK? Have you  /finally/ got the message? (Oh
please, dear God/Jehovah/Allah, Our Father, Our Blessed Mother, anyone out
there, let RK get the message this time and stop driving the rest of wiki
demented with his paranoia!) :-)

JT