[WikiEN-l] CNN

Brion Vibber vibber at aludra.usc.edu
Mon Aug 4 21:41:16 UTC 2003

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 a.crossman at blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
> The article about Wikipedia is now linked to from the front page of
> CNN.com so now is the time for all Wikipedia volunteer firefighters
> to report to duty. :-)

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/08/03/wikipedia/index.html

"Just minutes after the articles hit the site, they were tweaked and
polished by Wikipedia's cult-like following."

Hrm... At least we're only cult-*like*, not an actual *cult*. ;)

"And suddenly everyone used to an edit every few minutes or every hour on
Wikipedia started seeing this flurry of activity."

Actually, about 3 or 4 edits per minute is typical on the English-language
Wikipedia.

I notice there's also some sort of video clip, but I think you have to pay
them money or something (in addition to installing RealPlayer, which may
not be to your liking).

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)