[WikiEN-l] Re: Search function (I still don't get it)

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Sun Aug 3 21:45:27 UTC 2003

K Forstner wrote:

> Using Google may be okay -- thanks for the various hints -- , but coming
> back to Wikipedia's own search facility, why do I get "Ann-Marie MacDonald"
> when I type in "Ann-Margret" (and there '''is''' an article with exactly
> this title)?

On the English Wikipedia, if I search for "Ann-Margret", I get
[[Ann-Margret]]. If, however, I search for "ann-margret", I do get
redirected to "Ann-Marie MacDonald" as you describe; only the first
character of a title appears to be case-insensitive (which, for the
search function, really shouldn't be the case, but I doubt there's much
that can be done about it).

Greetings,
Timwi