[WikiEN-l] Multiple accounts...

a.crossman at blueyonder.co.uk a.crossman at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Aug 2 17:04:18 UTC 2003

JT writes:

> We /really/ need to lay down the rules here and tell him in no
> uncertain terms that running multiple identities on wiki is as
> unacceptable now as it was months ago when we faced his previous
> games with names.

Ugh. I suppose I now have to come out of the closet and say that I
myself have a separate account that I occasionally use when I'm
involved in too many arguments with my main account, and want to be
able to ignore them all for a while...

I have never used it for any dubious activities like vote rigging or
anything. In fact, that account has never once been used for
discussion of any page, and with I think 1 exception, has never been
used for editing a page that I edited with my main account.

If there's a real objection to this then I'll stop (and make public
that account name, if you like).

How this all relates to Pizza Puzzle - it's not so much having an
alias that's dubious (I think), but rather using it for dodgy
purposes like escaping a ban, vote rigging, creating false concensus
in a debate, etc... this sort of behaviour is, I agree, a problem.

Evercat
--
Allan Crossman
a.crossman at blueyonder.co.uk