[WikiEN-l] Pizza Puzzle's games with names

james duffy jtdirl at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 2 16:25:30 UTC 2003

Pizza Puzzle left the following on the Village Pump at  23:12, 1 Aug 2003

It is obvious that certain users have become convinced that I am another
user against which they hold a grudge. I will be changing my account name so
that this is no longer a problem for me. Pizza Puzzle

Those of us who have followed PP's edits and behaviour have long known that
it was Adam von Rickleff. Evercat showed the detailed evidence at
[http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Evercat/PP]

I have not argued for PP's banning, even though he is a multiple banned
user, on the basis that his behaviour was a considerable improvement on his
actions in the past, all of which warranted a ban then. When PP's behaviour
began to slip back to old ways, I told him

''You have done good work as PP and I have been one of the people defending
your right to be here because of how you have behaved as PP. Don't slip up
now and revert to a standard of behaviour that got you banned before. You
have a lot of ability. Please don't blow it and get yourself banned by
acting like Vera and the other characters. '' (He deleted the comment,
interpreting it as an attack, not constructive advice, which is what it was
intended as, given that I was one of only a small band of users to defend
him.)

However his actions is going incognito /again/ are hardly in the spirit of
wiki. It is the same old Adam, running away from the consequences of his
actions, then performing those actions again under another identity which he
hopes no-one will spot. I have gone out on a limb defending him as PP and am
not exactly impressed that he had decided to revert to form, as he did as
Bridget, Vera Cruz, Lir, Susan Mason, Dietary Fiber. We /really/ need to lay
down the rules here and tell him in no uncertain terms that running multiple
identities on wiki is as unacceptable now as it was months ago when we faced
his previous games with names.

JT