[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia more popular than Britannica!

Jimmy O'Regan jimregan at o2.ie
Fri Aug 1 21:58:09 UTC 2003

james duffy wrote:

> I think wiki does need as it develops to be able to have some 'final'
> articles that, having reached a clear standard of accuracy,
> readability etc can he removed from the editing process.

Removing an article from the editing process isn't a great idea; for
example, as books come on to [[Distributed Proofreaders]] we can get
access to public domain images which may have a place in an article; I
have a few pictures from the "Bellows and Blowing Machines" article, as
well as some incomplete text, which could add to the bellows article,
once I have the complete text (and have "weeded" it).

As for the sifter idea, I'd love to see it done like the languages
links; "Click to see a certified version of this article" or whatever,
but I recognise that this would give a catch-22 type situation.