[WikiEN-l] Proliferation of temps

james duffy jtdirl at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 1 20:39:40 UTC 2003

The battle on [[New Imperialism]] is reaching absurd levels. First we had
Pizza Puzzle /insisting/ that his rival version to the main article should
be advertised on it. Whatever about advertising a new draft being prepared
that was scheduled to replace the main article, to have the official article
and PP's personal alternative rewrite seemed absurd. Encyclopædias do not
normally put in two rival versions of an article. I protected the page to
stop the constant attempts of PP to insert it until people had a chance to
discuss whether this was a good idea. (PP refused to wait until it was
discussed and insisted that he be allowed to have his way). We had a vote
and a narrow majority agreed to put in the link /for one week/.

The page has since been redesigned and reduced in size, negating one of PP's
main complaints about the live page. But now it turns out that we have not
just one but TWO temps being placed on the main page.

This temp madness is becoming a joke. It is barely encyclopædic to put two
rival drafts on the one page. But now THREE??? We have the main one and two
temps. This is plain silly. We have agreed to PP's temp1 being there for one
week but now introducing Temp 2 is madness. I have removed the Temp 2 link
and will be placing a link to it, alongside Temp 1, on then talk page, where
Temp 1 was only supposed to be linked to in the first place.

JT