[WikiEN-l] Azuresong at charter.net

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Fri Aug 1 09:22:34 UTC 2003

Sean Barrett wrote:

>Speaking of messages sent in weird, proprietary, unreadable formats,
>what in the name of Babbage was this?

Neither proprietary nor unreadable, I'd guess.
It's all text, and I managed to understand most of it.
Weird, however, I'll accept.

>   BEGIN:VCARD
>   VERSION:2.1
>   N:Montaig;Azure
>   FN:Azure Montaig
>   EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:azuremontaig at yahoo.com
>   REV:20030731T075720Z
>   END:VCARD

So, this person's surname is "Montaig",
and their full name is "Azure Montaig".
Their Internet email addres is <azuremontaig at yahoo.com>.
(One must admire this protocol -- if that's what it's doing! --
for recognising that not all email is over the Internet.)
This revision is dated 2003 July 31,
but I don't grasp the "T075720Z" bit.

And all of this comprises something called a "VCARD",
to be interpreted according to version 2.1 of that protocol.
If I wanted to know more, doubtless I'd look that up.

-- Toby