[WikiEN-l] A plea for sanity in capitalisation from the coalface

Tony Wilson list at redhill.net.au
Sun Apr 27 01:24:45 UTC 2003

Cunc, I don't think we need to get out the firehoses here.

I am 100% certain that Mav has *not* been wasting his time here. He is
as good a Wikipedian as anyone could reasonably ask for. He has argued
his case clearly and respectfully. I have no beef with Mav, nor with
that question of his.

It is equally true that the people who ARE doing the hard yards in the
fauna entries are NOT the ones who keep interfering with them. Everyone
working in the area knows perfectly well that species names are
capitalised, and we have all run afoul of the hit and run edits of the
people who (although undoubtedly sincere and meaning well) are NOT
working in the area, and often have no expertise in it. Neither Mav nor
I have got personal about this disagreement, nor do I think it likey
that either of us will.
Tony Wilson
(Tannin)