[WikiEN-l] Banning with cookies

Tucci tucci528 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 15:17:28 UTC 2003

I'm a lurker on the mailing list, but I wanted to note
my support for the cookie-banning idea.  I am
viciously opposed to cookies, and I wouldn't support
anything more difficult than a simple cookie to get
rid of (I know how to do that, and I'm
computer-retarded).  The user Michael/Weezer, however,
probably does not know.  I have no reason to suspect
this, except that he doesn't really seem to be capable
of doing anything (i.e. writing complete sentences,
responding to others like a human being, avoiding
creating facts) and his dozens of IP addresses, which
change with nearly every edit, make banning simply not
a feasible option.  I would guess that a cookie-block
would keep him from editing, leaving me and Zoe and
Salsa Shark and Eloquence and KQ and everyone else
much more time to add actual content to the Wikipedia.

TUF-KAT

PS: I've been wholesale reverting everything he does,
as has many other people.  Does anyone have a problem
with me outright deleting articles that have nothing
to revert to?  These are almost entirely minor
punkish-emo bands and the track listings for their
albums (presumably, I don't check whether or not he's
correct anymore) and I just delete them if there is
nothing to revert to.

PPS:  On my user page, you will find a link to
[[TUF-KAT/Pseudo-album stubs]].  Please add a link to
any article on an album that does not have:
*A track listing
*Album cover
*Complete personnel/Billboard chart positions
*At least a sentence or three about how it fits in the
band/genre's oeuvre (sp?)

Including the above will make these articles
worthwhile stubs, while "XXX is an album by ZZZ" with
a track listing helps no one.

PPPS:  While I'm posting anyway, could we all make an
effort to include our Wikipedia names in our posts if
isn't the same as whatever is in our "from" box?  I've
been confused on more than one occasion for this
reason.  (I know I haven't always done this, but let's
all make a pledge...)